Coconut provides healthy saturated fats that have been linked to greater metabolic stability, helping to slow the arrival of fruit sugars into the blood. This prevents the surge of insulin, which is associated with an increase in the formation of fat. The coconut’s contents also increase the satiety value of this smoothie.
– Pulp and water from one young, Thai coconut
– 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple, cubed
– 1 tablespoon cacao powder
– 2 cups fresh baby spinach (or other leafy green)
– 3 to 4 ice cubes to chill (optional)
Start by adding the liquids to your blender, followed by the soft fruit. Add the greens to your blender last. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until the smoothie is creamy.